Tim spearheaded a push-up challenge for everyone in the gym to participate in before the end of the month. Check with Kirk and Tim for the exact rules. Here are the cliff notes version. Regular pushups, feet on the ground, your chest must touch the ground, complete lockout, rest only at the top with both hands on the ground, max reps with a coach judging/counting, 2-minute time limit. Keep score on the whiteboard in the back. The next Challenge will be ….
We just finished our first cycle of the new year with multiple PRs on the Squat and Bench. Well done, everyone; your hard work and consistency are paying off. The next cycle kicks off this week. The Focus for the cycle will be building strength and technical proficiency in the clean and snatch. We will continue to build on the strength gains on the bench press from the last cycle. We will add to a solid foundation of strength with volume with squats and deadlifts. On the conditioning front, we will focus on the different time domains to work each energy system, short, medium, and long. We will also retest prior cycle conditioning workouts. Book a call to join us.
The CrossFit Open started this past weekend, and versions of the workouts are on Mondays to mix things up.
- The racks are getting a facelift.
- Added 75lb and 80lb Dumbbells
- New Women’s Bars
- New Flat Benches
- New Water Filter System
- New Layout and Storage
- New Yoga Mats
- New Ab Wheels
T-Shirt Orders – keep an eye out for details
Happy Hour (Freezing) Success
Thanks to everyone who braved the cold and navigated around the stalled train to make the HH on the 10th a success, and thanks again to Tariq for organizing it.
- The HYROX Race is Saturday, 2/25, at the George R Brown Convention Center
- The Rodeo Run is Saturday, 2/25, in Downtown Houston.
- Rice Military Civic Club has a HH this week:
If you refer a new client that signs up for a membership or On-Ramp, you will get a $50 discount on your membership for one month*. The more new members you refer, the more months you get at a reduced rate. They can sign up for a No Sweat Intro via our website, email StrongerFasterHtx@gmail.com, or text 832-900-7803 and mention that you referred them. Spouses/Significant others from Valentine’s week could count if they become members.
- Use Wodify to reserve classes, sign in, and record lifts. I can barely remember what I ate yesterday, much less the weight I used the week before.
- Contact StrongerFasterHTX@gmail.com or Colin@strongerfasterhouston.com with any suggestions or concerns about the gym.
- Please tag us @StrongerFaster on social media and reshare posts to your story to help spread the word – get that referral!
- We have two rate plans: Unlimited classes and 3x per week.
- Lastly, if you enjoy Stronger Faster Gym, tell your friends. Please take advantage of the new referral plan.
- Check the GroupMe chat for updates (Text me @ 832-900-7803 to get added)
*We reserve the right to exclude new member referrals for, but not limited to, prior membership, prior relationship with Stronger Faster via drop-in, ClassPass, or other affiliation. Discounts have no cash value, cannot be transferred, and are forfeited if the referring membership is canceled before application. The program can be discontinued at any time without notice.